The high-voltage line of electric vehicles is used to connect the charging interface and the battery, the interior of the battery, the battery and the engine, and other components, as a carrier for power transmission. Due to the harsh application environment in automobiles, the high-voltage line materials of electric vehicles play a very important role, and the performance requirements of the materials are very high. This is one of the keys to the high-voltage lines of electric vehicles.
1. Classification of high-voltage lines for electric vehicles: The core component of the new energy electric vehicle is the battery. The first high-voltage line used by the electric vehicle for battery connection is an ordinary single-layer high-voltage line; while the motor connection needs to prevent signal interference, OMG adds a shielded single-layer high-voltage line to the shield Layer; due to the harsh application environment in electric vehicles, OMG has developed a double-layer high-voltage line that is more temperature-resistant, wear-resistant, and has better protection based on a single-layer high-voltage line. Therefore, we divide the commonly used high-voltage lines of electric vehicles into three categories: single-layer electric vehicle high-voltage lines, single-layer shielded electric vehicle high-voltage lines, and double-layer electric vehicle high-voltage lines. 2. The structural differences between the three types of high-voltage lines (1) Single-layer electric vehicle high-voltage line: mainly used for the connection between devices without shielding requirements, for example, the connection between livestock batteries. Conductor: Bare Copper Insulation: XLPE
(2) Single-layer shielded electric vehicle high-voltage line; mainly used for connection between devices with shielding requirements, for example, the connection between motor and inverter.
Conductor: Bare Copper Insulation: XLPE+tinned copper braid.+Aluminum foil+Outer cover: XLPE
(3) Double-layer electric vehicle high-voltage line: mainly used in occasions with severe vibration environments, for example, the connection between the battery and the high voltage.
Conductor: bare copper Insulation: XLPEOuter cover: XLPE
As mentioned above, the role of the high-voltage line of electric vehicles is to connect the charging interface and the battery, the interior of the battery, the battery, and the engine, and other components, as a carrier of power transmission, so the material of the high-voltage line of the electric vehicle must have its specific properties.
In addition to meeting the relevant standards of the electric vehicle industry GB/T25085, GB/T 25087, QC/T1037, OMGEV cables are specially strengthened in the following aspects for the special application environment of electric vehicles. Performance requirements, to realize OMG's corporate values-only for safety.
1. Better insulation performance can withstand higher current impact
When an electric vehicle is accelerating or climbing, the current flowing in the high-voltage line will be very high and it is easy to generate heat. In general, the insulation performance of thermoplastic materials drops rapidly under high-temperature conditions, which may cause poor insulation and even short circuit. At the same time, the excessive temperature will cause The insulation skin is burnt out, or even breakdown. To prevent and avoid the impact of large currents on the cable insulation layer, OMG high-voltage cable insulation material uses cross-linked polyolefin, the insulation volume resistivity reaches 1.2x1016 ohm•mm under the condition of the high temperature of 70 degrees (see the following The tripartite measurement report), which is 100,000 times higher than the requirements of the ISO6722 standard (ISO6722 volume resistivity requirement: 1x109 ohm•mm), to ensure the stability of the insulation performance under high-temperature conditions, to ensure the product under high-temperature conditions Safe to use. Besides, this material will not melt when ferrous chromium is used for 10 seconds at a high temperature of 260 degrees. Customers don't need to worry about the high-temperature melting.
2. Better bending performance
The traditional cross-linked cables feel hard and sturdy, and the minimum bending radius is often more than 10 times, which often cannot meet the minimum bending radius of wiring in a small space in the car. If it is forcibly bent, it will cause a strong stress problem. The effect of the cable's long-term stress and the vibration of the vehicle during operation will easily cause the problem of skin cracking. For this reason, OMG puts forward strict requirements in the design of material formulations, and it is necessary to ensure that the minimum bending radius of the cable is between 3-6D (D represents the outer diameter of the cable). In the end, through various efforts, OMG's latest high-voltage cable broke through the limit of the minimum bending radius of the traditional cross-linked cable and reached the ideal 3-6D requirement. OMG's new high-voltage cable is as soft as silicone and can be twisted freely, showing beautiful lines in the small space in the car, natural and smooth. Highly appreciated by customers.
3. Strengthened the flame retardant performance requirements of the cable
Taking into account the hazards of vehicle fire to occupants, OMG's flame retardant requirements for high-voltage cables wired in vehicles have reached industry-leading. In the case of accidental fire, the vehicle will not cause greater safety hazards due to the poor flame retardant performance of the cable. The flame retardant performance of OMG's latest cable meets the stringent requirements of UL VW-1. The actual test results of the Shanghai Cable Institute (short for Shanghai Cable Research Institute) are that the vertical cable is continuously burned under the blowtorch for 15 seconds, and within 1 second after the flame leaves Self-sustaining, fire resistance is very good.
4. Higher tear
The tear strength of OMG's latest high-voltage cable is greater than 20N/mm, which is more than double that of ordinary TPE materials (generally TPE material is less than 10N/mm, silica gel is less than 5N/mm), which can greatly improve the safety of cable processing and use.
. Halogen-free-helps green students
Traditional cross-linked cables mostly use the method of adding halogen to improve the flame retardant performance of the cable, but the heavy smoke and toxins emitted by halogen burning are very harmful to the human body and the environment. For this reason, OMG uses the latest halogen-free flame retardant materials
The above are the materials and product performance requirements of high-voltage lines for electric vehicles, which highlights the requirements of Omega Enterprise Standards for product performance. This is also where OMG high-voltage cables are distinguished from other manufacturers. If you are concerned about the materials and product performance of high-voltage lines for electric vehicles If you have any questions, please leave a message for OMG.